- IL |
- Jobs |
- Terminal Operator - Des Plaines, IL
Terminal Operator - Des Plaines, IL
Des Plaines60016ILUSDes Plaines, IL
The Terminal Operator supports the day-to-day operation of the terminal business and is a focal point with internal and external customers.
The Terminal Operator is expected to safely perform all duties related to the receipt, storage, and distribution of petroleum products and support storage tank terminal and pipeline operations within the complex in Des Plaines, IL and Milwaukee, WI.
The Terminal Operator's duties include, but are not limited to:
- Climbing 56’ high storage tanks for gauging & sampling multiple times a day.
- Performing quality assurance tests on petroleum products.
- Perform general maintenance throughout the terminal including electrical, mechanical equipment
- Perform periodic inspections of transport trailers, storage tanks and pipelines.
- Computer input into various programs.
- Stock accounting of product inventories, shipments and receipts.
- General housekeeping
- Issue work permits and oversee contractor safety performance.
- Assist truck drivers with loading problems, and the training and issuing driver loading cards.
- Coordinating oil shipments/movements between the asset and final destination point.
- Provide vacation relief/coverage for the complex operators.
- Communicate with various internal- and external- customers, including external 3rd parties, Control Center, Scheduling, Supply, HSSE, Measurement etc..
- Support Operations Analyst & Operations Technician as needed.
- Support local community safety and public awareness programs
- Terminal Operators are required to follow all Federal and State laws, environmental regulations, and company policies and procedures, and to ensure that others do the same.