Deliver, pick up and transfer products manufactured and distributed out of the Muscatine facility to retail/warehouse customers and contractor jobsites as well as deliver and set silos on contractor jobsites and pickup empty bulk bags/pallets as needed.
- Operate tractor and trailer to deliver and pick up palletized products, silos, pallets and empty bulk bags.
- Drive truck in an accurate, safe and timely manner to destination, unload products. Record pallet count on delivery ticket.
- Maintain telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions and/or ask questions about deliveries.
- Perform daily Pre-trip inspection of truck pursuant to D.O.T. regulations that includes; checking fluid levels of engine oil, antifreeze, tire pressure, brakes and other controls for loading and unloading.
- Daily inspection of Moffett for defects may also be required.
- Inspect silos for minor damage and cleanliness before delivering; perform cleaning and minor repairs as needed per the silo inspection list. Report major repairs needed on silos to supervisor for repair.
- Upon arriving on jobsite, safely maneuver truck in often very unstable ground conditions. Be sensitive to customer’s equipment and conditions.
- Perform minor truck, and trailer repairs that may include installing light bulbs, marker lights, and reflectors. Report major repairs to Dispatcher.
- Deliver products to retail customers/distributors requires loading/returning pallets, counting pallets, obtaining customer’s signature on paperwork.
- Delivery loads may need a tarp dependent on weather.
- Keep truck clean inside and out.
- Post trip inspection after every load.
- Valid Department of Transportation Certified Commercial Driver’s License – Class A.
- Valid D.O.T. Health Registration Card.
- Maintain driving record in accordance with Federal and State Motor Carrier Regulations, and meet company policy requirements.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must be able to perform simple math such as addition and subtraction.
- Ability to be able to deal with customers and other employees in a diplomatic manner in a variety of stressful situations.
- Outside work approximately 70% of the time and indoors approximately 30% of the time. The temperature range exposure is from -40 to 100+ degrees Fahrenheit, depending upon the time of year. Other weather and environmental conditions that may persist are rain, snow, sleet, wind, high humidity and often muddy or icy conditions on both roads and jobsites.
- Full bags, lifted occasionally, weight 10 lbs to 94 lbs. Pallets which need to be stacked weigh 50 lbs to 80lbs. Tarp loads as required, tarps may weigh 75lbs to 150lbs.
- Subject to a moderate amount of inhalation caused from truck exhaust, dust from cement, and other airborne dust.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
TCC Materials®, a leading manufacturer of spec blended construction products, established roots in Minnesota as Twin City Concrete Products Company in 1973. Now doing business as TCC Materials after expanding to include plants in Wisconsin, North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, and Nebraska, they provide the Upper Midwest and Canada with pre-mixed concrete, mortars, grouts, tile products, concrete repair products, and decorative landscape solutions.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please apply online today.
We are committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants.