General: A warehouse associate fills and ships orders by picking products from shelves and bins, wrapping and packing orders, and completing shipping paperwork. A warehouse associate also receives products accurately and efficiently, and ensures that products are readily available. A warehouse worker promotes a clean and safe working environment.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Understands alphanumeric sequence.
2. Fills store orders by picking orders for customers, maintains proper paperwork, and sees that the product gets to the customer effectively.
3. Prepares orders for shipments by: preparing trucks for shipments; palletizing and wrapping orders; boxing orders; loading pallets and pieces into trucks; puts packing lists properly where they need to be; and completes the necessary paperwork.
4. Receives product into the store by unloading trucks using forklift, pallet jack or by hand.
5. Ensures shipments received are in good condition and accurate by: inspecting freight for damage and signing freight bills; verifying quantity ordered versus quantity received; checking all shipments against packing lists; and completing necessary paperwork for reimbursements or discrepancies.
6. Ensures all required product has readable Johnstone stock numbers by printing labels, resolving labeling discrepencies, and completing the necessary paperwork.
7. Distributes checked-in products by stock picking stock, filling bin boxes, facing cartons, checking for product mixing, and rotating product where needed.
8. Ensures products are readily available to other associates when orders are being placed by: monitoring stock on shelves or bins; replacing picking stock from reserves; maintaining control of products in reserve stock area; and monitoring “Pull Tickets” and giving priority to any Sales Department requests.
9. Maintains the inventory count and makes sure all inventory is accurate.
10. Answers customer calls regarding orders.
11. Locates merchandise effectively.
12. Maintains good records on lost sales.
13. Assists in routing the driver for deliveries.
14. Stocks the showroom and assists when areas need to be filled.
15. Be able to pull customers orders and finalize customer orders.
16. Ensures customers are called and updated on the status of their orders
17. Orders panels and other fix equipment when needed.
18. Knows’ where all products are to be stored in the warehouse and showroom.
19. Assists in displays.
20. Attends sales, tech training, and general company meetings.
21. Understands company policies, terms and product warranties.
22. Maintains current department accuracy and efficiency standards, and follows department standard operating procedures.
23. Maintains a safe work environment by working in a safe manner, following current safety rules, maintain equipment, and maintaining a clean work area.
24. Cleans warehouse, showroom, and bathroom.
25. Stocks the bathroom of necessary supplies.