The Spengler Company, Inc. is headquartered in O'Fallon, Illinois and has been a 5 Star rated service company for the past 46 years. We will only hire for a career, not just a year! We are the place where a vision is driven, the best are built, and the rest can only hope to be.
We’re looking for exceptional part-time warehouse/delivery specialist to deliver the most efficient, highest quality customer experiences to our staff and field staff, as well as our customers.
As a warehouse/delivery specialist, you will work as part of a dynamic and passionate team to demonstrate competency and ensure desired quality installations. You will ensure delivery of materials for jobs, including equipment, and tools to our Sales and Install Solution Specialists.
The position will be based at our facility and the company services a 50 mile radius. Hours may vary, pending on the needs of the company.
- Perform multiple tasks.
- Provide materials to personnel based on the needs of scheduled jobs.
- Deliver to customers and various addresses, parts and materials to on site Field Staff.
- Manage vehicle maintenance and said costs
- Know how to maintain customer rapport to ensure the customer gets the best service and experiance for the value.
- Assist specialist in field with materials and additional labor assistance when needed to provide the best options.
- Work alongside customer service and dispatch to ensure overall success of the business.
- Maintain a clean, organized job site and well inventoried truck.
- Participate actively in all training exercises, morning meetings and retreats.
- Be accurate and timely delivery of materials, packing slips, invoices, time cards, and other documentations
- Flexibility is required to work with others, defined processes; and operate equipment using standarized methods.
- Problem solving, meeting deadlines and schedules, setting priorities, working in inclement weather and physical stamina.
- Assists in receiving stock and non-stock items for the purpose of ensuring specifications, quantity and quality of orders are correct.
- Cleans warehouse for the purpose of maintaining a safe work area. Assisting in facility maintenance as well.
- Delivers a variety of items to the Spengler Company recipients (boxes, packages, cargo, supplies, equipment, materials, etc.)
- Drives vehicles (trucks and vans) for the purpose of distributing items to jobs, technicians, or pick up such materials at the completion of jobs and returning to the Spengler Company, Inc. or said vendor.
- Loads and unloads delivery trucks for the purpose of receiving stock and/or filling orders for transport.
- Maintains delivery vehicles (e.g. checking vehicles, fueling, cleaning, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring safe operation of vehicles.
- Participates in physical inventories for the purpose of verifying stock and identifying losses.
- Performs all functions within the scope of the warehouse for the purpose of providing warehousing operations.
- Prepares orders by pulling from stock for the purpose of meeting delivery requirements.
- Transports a variety of items (records/files, supplies, equipment, materials, etc.) for the purpose of receiving and/or delivering materials on both scheduled and unscheduled pickup and delivery routes.
- Have a valid Drivers License with a clean, safe driving record.
- Highly organized with exceptional follow-through abilities.
- Strong verbal and written communications.
- Passionate about The Spengler Company and loves the brand.
- High integrity with advanced social skills and ability to make solid connections.
- Strong desires to be a better installer tomorrow than you are today.
- Outgoing personality and great image that blends well with a fast-paced, goal-driven environment.
- Competitive individual contributor who also loves to win as a team.
- Highly motivated, self-starter who’s flexible and has a great attitude on life.
Performs other related duties as assigned for the efficient and effective function of the work unit.
Skills are required to perform multiple tasks with a potential need to upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Adhering to safety practices; operating equipment in warehouse operations, operating standard office equipment including software applications; and preparing and maintaining accurate records such as purchase orders and ordering of materials.